Weight Watcher Smart Points: 0
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 40 Minutes
- 300g ready made pastry
- 100g dairy-free butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 thinly-sliced garlic clove
- 6 plum tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tsp thyme sprigs
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- For caramalised onions, heat 50g butter and 1tbsp oil in a frying pan.
- Add onion wedges and cook on medium heat until they turn golden.
- Add half of sugar and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put caramalised onions in a bowl and set aside.
- For tomatoes, heat 50g butter and 1tbsp olive oil in another pan.
- Add garlic and other half of sugar. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Place the halved plum tomatoes in this pan so that the flat-cut side is touching the pan.
- Add thyme and allow it to sizzle for one minute.
- Scatter cherry tomatoes in and add a little more thyme.
- Roll out the pastry over the pan and lay over the caramalized onions.
- Make sure the pastry is larger than the tin and oversized pastry is tucked in on the sides of the pan.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 25 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 200°C.
- Allow the tart to cool down for 5 minutes before turning it over in a dish.
- Caramalised onions and tomamtoes tart is ready!