Weight Watcher Smart Points: 5
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 20 Minutes
- Tofu one package you can use either firm or extra firm Tofu. It should be drained and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Olive Oil 3 Tablespoon
- Minced garlic cloves 3
- Curry powder 3 tablespoons
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Cumin 1 tablespoon
- Ginger powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Water 2 tablespoons
- Soy yogurt 1/3 cup. If you are unable to find the plain yogurt make use of vanilla flavored yogurt.
- Spinach 6 bunches
- First, remove the tofu from packaging, drain and press the Tofu. One this step is completed cut Tofu into bit size pieces.
- Add two tablespoons of oil in a skillet, add tofu and garlic sauté until the tofu becomes crispy from all side this will take about 4-5 minutes.
- In a separate skillet or pan, add one tablespoon of oil and wait for it to heat up then add in the curry powder, turmeric, ginger powder, and water. Stir in the whisked non-dairy yogurt.
- Add Spinach and mix so that everything is covered in yogurt sauce.
- Spinach cooks quickly so keep an eye on it. Also depending on the size of your pan you might have to add Spinach in batches. Once all of the Spinach has been cooked, remove it from the stove. Add the cooked Spinach to a blender or food processors. Blend until it becomes creamy and smooth or until you get a nice texture.
- Keep in mind that Spinach will absorb more water during the cooking and cooling process.
- Once again add the Spinach into the skillet along with the sautéed tofu. Mix until the tofu ends up combing with the spinach once the dish is cooked turn the heat off.
- Your Spinach and Tofu dish is ready. Serve it with either white or brown rice. You can also try pairing it up with quinoa and ancient grains. Enjoy your delicious meal.