Weight Watcher Smart Points: 4
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Kosher Salt 1 teaspoon
- Minced Garlic 1 tablespoon
- Paprika 1 teaspoon
- Ground Cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- 26 Oz chopped tomatoes, undrained
- Freshly ground Black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- First, wash the Okra, chop off the ends and cut it into small pieces. Each Okra should be split into 2-3 pieces. This will result in you ending up with 1.25lb Okra.
- Add Olive oil in a large, heavy pan and place it on medium heat. It should take about two minutes for the oil to heat up.
- Now add Onion and salt sauté the vegetables until they become tender. This should take about three minutes. Stir the vegetables to avoid overcooking them.
- Add the garlic and sauté for one more minute after that add paprika and cumin. Keep stirring the vegetables until it becomes fragrant 30 seconds should be enough.
- Add Okra and cook it for one minute, add in the tomatoes and stir the ingredients.
- Bring the stew to a boil and switch the heat to medium-low. Cover the pot and let it cook for 15 minutes until the Okra becomes soft. Use a spoon for stirring.
- Once boiled, remove it from the heat and season it with black pepper.
- Your delicious Okra stew is ready. Serve it right away. Enjoy it.